HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2004, 01:32 AM   #1
pattyd

I just got out of the hospital after a trip to the ER 4 days ago for severe chest back and abdominal pain- Scans were negative so they did a lumbar puncture to see if the cancer cells have gotten in my spinal fluid. Thankfully it was negative so now I have to have an endoscopy! I was put on Prilosac for 14 days meantime along with increasing my Decadron a bit to help with the headaches. This journey seems never ending and always a surprise at every turn. Patty D
Old 03-20-2004, 02:45 AM   #2
Lolly

Gosh Patty, thanks for letting us know. It's always a scare to end up in the hospital, and here we had no idea you were having such a time!
Hope the Prilosec helps, I just recently started it, after stopping Aciphex for awhile, and it took a couple of weeks for it to kick in completely, but I started feeling relief by the second day. Hope the endoscopy turns out ok!
hugs, Lolly
Old 03-21-2004, 02:01 AM   #3
Terry

Patty, I agree that it sometimes seems never ending and I'm sorry you are experiencing this pain and the awful fear that comes with it.

I was hoping if you're up to it that you would share your symptoms and progress with this, particularly if the Prilosec gives you relief. I have been having severe chest pains for 5-6 weeks now. Upper chest pain, different taste in my mouth, and my heart pumping is very intensified when I lay down. My oncologist referred me to a cardiologist 2 weeks ago. She did an EKG and it was fine. From my symptoms, she stated I was suffering from severe acid reflux and put me on Nexxium. I have been taking it for a almost 2 weeks now, but still having the chest pain. I contemplated the ER last Wednesday night after my Herceptin treatment as the chest pain was so severe. I don't know if the Herceptin is aggravating it or causing it? I see my oncologist again this Wednesday and will talk with him some more.

In the meantime, we'll hang in there, as we always do. We're pretty terrific women warriors!
Old 03-21-2004, 06:39 AM   #4
pattyd

At this point it is still unclear what caused my problems. I had a very similar episode last sept and ended up in the Er and then being admitted overnight. This time though I also had the stomach problems- tightness and pain in my upper and mid and lower abdomen area- there is no rhyme or reason with it- sometime eating helps,sometime not, the pain and discomfort seem to move around. The "heartburn" or whatever it was resolved itself fairly quickly and aside from the pain I had following the lumbar puncture (which I assume was from the procedure) I am ok for now. I still have to schedule the endoscopy- I just started the Prilosac so dont know how that will go for me. Will keep you posted. take care and God Bless us all! We are tough and will get through our personal journies-
Patty
Old 03-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #5
Annamarie16

Patty, I am so sorry to hear you were in the hospital and sorrier to hear nothing was resolved. You are right, it is quite a journey and it appears the higher you climb the mountain, the harder the journey becomes. Hopefully they will find out what is causing this problem. My oncologist at times says there is no rhym or reason as to symptoms we get with recurrence breast cancer.