HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
lia

oopherectomy ?

Hi everyone , not posted for a while but as usual when i have a dilemma this is where i turn. I'm 42, in the uk, 2 and a half yrs post dx , her2 +, er+ , pr+ , grade 3 , node neg. Had caf, and taxotere then struggled to get herceptin for a year. currently on zoladex and arimidex and various supplements ( thanks Gina and RB et al ) and due to have an elective preventative oopherectomy next week, partly because of family history of breast cancer and ovarian , and partly to avoid zoladex and enable arimidex to continue . My oncologist was not happy originally about me being on arimidex but gave in but he now has read somewhere that arimidex and zoladex is more potentially dangerous to the bones than an ooph and arimidex . i dont know where he got it from and he's not someone who likes discussing things with his patients. Up until my pre op assessment on mon I was ok about it all ,i ve been menopausal since chemo and know plenty of women have it done. Since then however I have been thinking about the ooph and having read several threads on here , particularly posts from saleboat , am wondering whether I should go ahead or not or postpone it for a bit ? I 'd love to hear your opinions. for or against . . I suppose whats thrown me is the possible significance of my pr+ status altho I think I would still have chosen arimidex over tamoxifen. Thanks in advance and sorry this is so long winded !Forgot to say I tested negative for brca 1 and 2 but geneticist still feels it probably is genetic.

Last edited by lia; 06-28-2007 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: memory lapse!
lia is offline   Reply With Quote