View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #25
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink N-wobenzym

Bailey, It's an immune booster, anti-inflammatory, I think. I checked it out on the Internet, as I do everything any doc recommends, when I started it in '05. Can't remember details now. But I do know that it changed my life! 2 w/meals twice a day (different I think, than as directed on bottle). Did the trick. I now also take probiotic Asidophilus (friendly bacteria, maintaining healthy microflora and major gas relief). One capsule twice a day. Wonderful. + Fennel seeds, relieve gas and "settle" stomach. Can take 3 a day. I do.

I had been on Zoloft at one point over the last 12 yrs. Anti-depressant. Took 1/2 dose. Every time I'd give my list of meds to a doc, they'd say, You know it's probably not working at that dosage... And I'd reply, but I feel so great, I don't want to stop. Did wean myself off. Then came my mets into the liver. Then I used Ativan at night or mid day if I was home, which being on Taxotere and wiped out from it I mostly was. When the hot flashing of 22 yrs hit big time, dripping wet all day, I began the Effexor. Which, as I think I said, did not help the hot flashes, but did help the diarrhea to the point that I gave up the Wobenzym. Didn't need it anymore. Strange. AND I feel I can deal w/the every day business of staying a Survivor. Been NED/STABLE since '99. It's hard work staying there and remaining joyful and zen serene. It allows me to stay in touch with my spiritual core, connected to my Soul, which keeps me well and healthy. I give strict orders to my bod daily -- stay well and healthy. That's what I wish for you and all my beloved soul sisters in our zeal to triumph over bc and keep on smiling... Much love, ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote