View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #11
sarah

Dear Kat,
I agree with many of the other responses that your feelings are due to your low self image. You have to start to think of yourself as special, sexy and beautiful and then that will project to others. You're suffering depression (totally normal) and you have to find a way to get back into life in a positive meaningful way for you.
I doubt very much that your husband is looking at you the way you think. I think sometimes our loved ones are just freaked out by the whole thing, afraid we'll die and confused as to what to do or say for fear of upsetting us and most of us definitely go through mood swings that are hard to handle particularly if we've always been "sweet" natured! Men (and women sometimes) steel themselves against showing too much emotion. Maybe try asking him for a hug. Buy a nice lacy black night dress.
Also think about getting an animal - dogs are very affectionate and couldn't care less how you look! they just worship you the way you are! and then you can take it for walks and get out and meet people, etc. Join a club. do something outside the house. Go to the cosmetic dept and get a make-up make-over.
Reading is another great way to get outside of yourself and funny movies.
So the order of the day is realize how brave and beautiful you are and look in the mirror and say that until you believe it!
good luck, you'll get through this bad patch.
sarah
PS otherwise, check out that tattoo guy!
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote