View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #20
radiant

Re: Building a Freeway of Love for Courtney - TONIGHT!

Hello Ladies:

Holy Cow - Courtney is OK!!! I am sooo relieved by this recent news on the Caring Bridge - we were all getting worried after not hearing from Jay after a couple of days:

----------------
Dear friends, it is Courtney this time. (Jay is typing and I'm dictating). And I'm so thrilled to be writing you from my bed. These past few days have been the most challenging of my life, I'm not goin lie. But I feel like I'm finally turning a corner. I had a surgery today to repair - of all things on my body - my index finger. I'm writing you to say that my spirits are still here and I need your prayers.
[a note from Jay: After nearly 5 days of not being lucid, Courtney just "woke up" this morning. She's been conversational, lucid, funny, sarcastic, insightful, joyous, tearful, and eagerly asking the nursing staff when we get to leave. It was such a rapid change - I left the UCSF at 11:45PM on Wed night and Courtney wouldn't respond to her name. And Friday morning, she seems to be back. The past 24 hours were some that I will certainly never forget. Courtney and I stayed up from 9pm until 11pm tonight catching up - she had all these questions about the past week, my job, if I've been sleeping, if I've been taking care of myself, if I've been eating, everything. We were transfered from the Intensive Care Unit to a private hospital room overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands -- a perfect place for her to rehabilitate for the coming days. ]

For now, please assume if you don't hear from us over the weekend that , we're engaged in the hard work necessary to try to come back home - it's going to be a lot of physical therapy, sleep, and continued prayers from everyone - but we can do it. Also, because of Courtney and our families' continued challenges, and requests from our medical team, we still cannot accept new visitors at the hospital. Thank you for understanding.

I wish they had a way to express high fives on this site ;-)

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Kim
2008 - on Arimidex/Herceptin - stable lymph node.
2009 - stable on Arimidex/Herceptin
2010 - lymph node progression and liver mets.
2010 - went on Gemzar, Navelbine, Herceptin - Navelbine and Herceptin took liver mets down. lymph node slightly progressed.
2010 - did Xeloda & Tykerb - MAJOR progression in liver in only 6 weeks.
Dec 2010 - present - Ixempra/Avastin/Herceptin/Fasoldex - regressing
June 2012 - chemo break
Sept 19, 2012 - start t-dm1. Chose this over going back on Ixempra.
radiant is offline   Reply With Quote