Thread: Triple Positive
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #16
Hadit

Re: Triple Positive

jra40, boy do I have questions for you. I hope you don't mind. Your situation is VERY similiar to mine. I was dx (2015) at age 54 (premenapausal). I could only complete 5 out of 6 rounds of chemo. Then lumpectomy. Clear margins, no node involvement. Chemo reduced tumor to 4mm at time of lumpectomy. Started radiation but couldn't complete as I ended up in ICU on morphine for 3 days. Recovered then developed telengiactasia (bloody spider veins, Severe)for which I'm getting weeking injections of about 30 shots ea time under right breast. Completed Herceptin last month ( Oct 2016) and started Arimidex in June 2016. Do you experience any muscle and joint pain from Arimidex? Mine has become so severe that I started taking Glucosimine but stopped as it increases insulin levels. I'm finding that there is no long term pain solution to dealing with side effects of Arimidex. My dx was 2.1 cm tumor that also responded well to chemo, so much so , that after 1 st round it shrunk and didn't shrink further after 4 more treatments. Onc dr said I was considered "complete". Do let me know what /if you have pain and what you're doing about it. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hadit is offline   Reply With Quote