View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
Sandra in GA

Re: Something that seems to work for diarrhea

I "googled" diarrhea diet and found a low fiber diet that I basicially followed ~ white bread, no fresh fruit or salads, only green beans and asparagus, etc. It really helped.

The amazing thing is when you finish the Tykerb, within two days you can go back to your healty diet of fiber and frest veggies and fruits!!!

When I began the trial with the Tykerb, I was told that the women who had dropped out had because of the diarrhea. I decided the benefits out weighted the problems and I decided to do whatever it took to continue and finish the Tykerb. I feel this drug is probably why I am NED four years out from stage III with 21 of 21 positive nodes.
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote