Thread: I have to gripe
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
IrvineFriend

Re: I have to gripe

I was put in a bra following my surgery much like a girdle. Since we had our surgeries a day apart, I understand the entire bra issue. I was told to buy a bra that opens/closes at the front without an underwire. They are not easy to find and I'll let you know where/when I find one that is comfortable. American Cancer Society is a great source of help in this area.

I just signed up for the looking good feeling better class. They teach you how to wear scarves in very pretty ways. You'll probably have to make a drive, but the American Cancer Society will tell you where the closest class is, and you'll be with other women who are also uncomfortable with their appearance. I'm starting chemo next week and will buy one wig, otherwise, I'm going to be wearing cute hats and scarves.

Living in a small town may give you an opportunity to be a support to another newly diagnosed cancer patient. Given the rate of BC diagnosis, you're likely not alone, even in a small town. I've always looked at women battling breast cancer as hero's. I know if I saw you in public I'd be impressed with your ability to stay active and part of life.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote