Thread: I have to gripe
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
BonnieR

Re: I have to gripe

Your feelings are never stupid. You are entitled to them. We have all been there.
It sounds lilke things are all still very new for you. You just had the surgery recently. There is alot to learn about how to make all this new stuff work for yourself. Is there any prosthetic store in a nearby town? A place that fits for bras and mastectomy products? It might be too soon if you are considering further surgery. Maybe your doctors nurses or staff can offer advise. Or the social work staff at the hospital. Also, American Cancer Society are good to talk to. You can even phone them
I think that we are more sensitive about how we appear than are the public. Some people will figure out you may be in treatment, others probably wont even notice. But no one will be critical. Except you!
You ask how is a person to know what to do? It takes alot of soul searching, talking to experts, getting more than one opinion, weighing the pros and cons. It helps so much to be on this board to get input from those who have walked ahead of you. Just take it easy. Stay open to everything you hear. Take a deep breath. Stay in the moment. Keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote