Thread: Contrast dye
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
CarolineC

Contrast dye

Hi,

I am going to have a bonescan and CT of my chest/abd on Tues. I have had a contrast called Telebrix for most of my CTs and would get some sloughing on the lines of my hands afterwards-like taking an eraser and rubbing the skin off. I was given Gastrografin for my last one and within an hour of drinking the first part the skin peeled off my hands. Yes, gross.

I have been on the merry-go-round of trying to find some Telebrix (no one seems to carry it anymore) without any luck and have talked to a Vancouver pharmacist at the BC Cancer Agency who has said not to drink the Gastrografin and a few heads of radiology departments who said they don't really use the contrast dye anymore for outpatients.

So what do I do? I want to have definitive imaging and in our area we don't have access to an MRI or Petscan. Should I maybe drink half of the solution? I weigh about 140lbs-everyone is given the same amount of solution-maybe it's too much for my system.

Andi, I remember you posting once about having alot of scans and then not drinking all of the solution all the time? I can't find the post though.

You would think that there would be more options for people with issues. I know I am not the only one because at my Herceptin treatment last week the nurses said other people have had issues as well.

Thanks for any suggestions.
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote