View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
Becky

Re: Questions about Anastrozole and Neuropathy (as separate issues)

One thing to consider if your cancer was slightly hormone positive is to at least take it while you are still on the Herceptin. Here is my logic for saying so...

7% of the cancer cells in your tumor were hormone positive and the Arimidex will shutdown those while the Herceptin will shutdown those that are Her2+ (and possibly also hormone positive - what I mean by this is that some of the cells may be both Her2+ and ER+). If Arimidex doesn't affect you (it doesn't affect me as in joint pain), then you can decide if you want to continue on it after your final 8 months of Herceptin is over. At least you are shutting down everything at once and not giving the ER+ cells a chance to grow if anything is even left in your body (its the one thing you don't know - everything is probably dead and gone but it is the mystery on if everything is gone).

It is the one thing to think about - shutting down both receptors since, theoretically, they both existed.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote