View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
phil

Re: T DM-1 Approved !!

I have corresponded with Mr. Pollack at NYT. I dont see any reference to us in the online version. His article is the most balanced so far , but even there the warning about liver toxicity , death is not challenged. The FDA " Establishment " goes un-challenged. We have heard of only 2 deaths thru liver failure , early in trials, both with pre-existing conditions. there are platelet , red count issues , but many do not have them , and many, like Lorraine have found a way to manage them. overall side effects are much better than tyk /xel, taxanes . When Lorraine saw side effect stuff put out by This biased FDA , she said " I'll talk about side effects , how about fingers split open , bleeding all winter from tyk/xel, losing 15 lbs off an already skinny chemo body with awful gi upset " Thats the story that shoud be told. Dr. Snydermans NBC story tonight was very brief, pessimistic, ( "its not a cure , costly, bad s/e 's, blah , blah " ) she must have been briefed by This FDA. as the NYT says its costs are comparative to other tx's . we know s/e's are overall less than old chemos, and cure ? its too early to tell either way , but Lorraine and many others are yrs ned. if This FDA ever gets it to early dx stage iv , ned rates will go up. CNN article ? says its anew drug Its NOT a " new " drug, its been around since 2006 in human trials , and it was featured at San Antonio way back in 2009. We have to fight for our rights , against propaganda from This FDA Establishment . The Fight is far from over !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote