View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #29
madubois63

Oh, oh oh...I thought of a great ONE!! I have told this one before, but many of you may not remember or may not have read it. During my first bout with the beast, I was in a new relationship. We had started dating one month before being diagnosed. My boyfriend was amazing. Took me to treatments, and didn't care that I had lost my hair. One weekend, we went upstate to go skiing with his 3 kids and my 2. I had spent the whole week, trying on hats, and scarves worrying about my wig and keeping it on during the trip. I finally figured it out and had learned how to tie the scarves just just. We drive upstate, and hit the slopes. I am not a good skier at all and NEVER said I was. My kids were off taking lessons, and most of Johns kids went off and did their own thing. John and his oldest son, Casey, were dragging me off to this one mountain. I kept telling them to go off without me and I would catch up. I was a bit winded (was doing adrio and cytoxin at the time), but I stupidly got on the lift. The ride up was beautiful. I was enjoying the scenery...We got to the top, the bar went up on the lift, my scarf got caught on the bar and my wig went up with the bar!!!! I FREAKED OUT. I retrieved the wig, but could not ski after that. Rescue had to come and take me down the hill on a sled!! I was sooooooooo embarrassed, but I DID truly enjoy the ride down the mountain - LOL!!

John and our families spent the rest of the winter skiing, while I read my books and drank hot chocolate in the lodge each weekend!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver