View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #20
TriciaV

Re: What would you do?

Hello Ladies, Just wanted to say thank you ALL as I have been checking back all weekend reading and Rereading your replies as to what I should do and along with those I also found lots of info on Pet/ct vs bone scans and the accuracy. Anyway my Onc called me today with the results of the bone scan and this is what he told me.... He said the bone scan "appears" to be normal but those two sets of x-rays taken two months apart definitely show a spot on your rib, but I think it maybe some kind of trauma..... (grrrr) let's just watch the spot closely.....(another grrrrr) I said you know Dr. I just want a Pet scan!! I expected him to argue it out because that is what he does.... he said okay, I just don't want to go chasing it ( WHAT???) isn't that his job????? I think he some how believes if I don't have this palpable mass then let's not mess with it. Anyway I got my way for now, and my Pet scan is being scheduled and I will surely keep you all posted. Again I thank you all :-) if not for these boards I would have been lost this last few days. Hugs <3
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote