View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
Jean

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

Marcia,
This was a wonderful request....

As I read the replies each one brought a huge smile to my face! I kept repeating, yes thats what we want to hear....

I too have felt so heart broken over our recent loses.
It has been way to diffiuclt to bear. I hate this disease and what it does to beautiful women who have so much to live for.

We must always remember that more are beating this disease and each day we get closer and closer, do I dare say a cure? I think what we will see in the very near future years ....is control of this disease with women NOT dying...but keeping it controlled. Especially when caught in the early stages. We must continue to not allow the doom of cancer to control our lives. We are always getting another new arrow to put in our quiver to fight this ugly nasty disease.

Greek myths are filled with tales of the Amazon women
Warriors who cut off their right breast in order to gain strength and power to shoot their arrows. They would go to any extent to achieve victory. They are mentioned in the tale of the lliad. There is a growing body of evidence that the Amazons women Warriors were as real as the civilizations who wrote of them. I know this,
they are real for they are here right on this site.

jackie....I had to chuckle like heck when I read about your Mom...she sounds wonderful.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote