View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
BonnieR

It is good that you got a second opinion. I got 3 and they all differed! Yours sound in agreement.
I can only tell you what I did, not what you should do. But you can see from my history below that we were in a similar situation, I think. I also had a highly positive Oncotype test.
I agonized for awhile but then decided that I wanted to feel that I had done everything possible on the front end to prevent a recurrance. I wanted to do a preemptive strike, I guess. Not everyone agrees with this approach. But it has given me peace of mind. I didn not want to play the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" game and had regrets. That's just me.
I had the same chemo that is being suggested to you. Continuing with Herceptin for a year.
The chemo was no walk in the park. I had some pretty rough days each time. But nothing that I could not handle. Cause here I am, the 4 doses are over, my hair is coming back, and I am full of energy.
I received great advise and comfort on this site. They supplied practical suggestions too. Those who went before me offered wonderful encouragment and support. And I am here to do the same for you, whatever you decide.
Keep the faith!

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote