Thread: Who We Are
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
Mary Jo

Re: Who We Are

Hello There....My name is Mary Jo and I've been around here for awhile (thank God ). I am married to my highschool sweetheart. We met when I was 15 and he was 16. We have been married 33 years and together 36 years. He started out as and still is my best friend. He treats me like a queen. He really does. I am thankful and know how blessed I am. My husband and I have 2 grown sons who are married to wonderful women. Our 2 daughter in laws are more like daughters to us and we've told them that if we could have picked our sons wives they are what we would have picked. Our oldest son and his wife have 2 children and a 3rd on the way in July. Jennah is 11, Isaiah is 6 and the new baby in July, is a boy. Our youngest son and his wife have a little girl. Lauren, is 2 1/2. We enjoy this new phase in our life. We are empy nesters who enjoy "our time" and our thankful our children are settled in their lives and happy. We also enjoy the time we have with our grandchildren. So much fun they are. An awesome blessing.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 45. I am now 52. Breast cancer does not define me, but, breast cancer has changed me in a huge way. My journey has been a blessing and God has taught me so much that there is no way I could say "I wish this didn't happen to me." I live life differently now. Much more thankful. I enjoy each day fully.

I work part-time as a food server with our school district. I love my job. I love the people I work with and the little 4 year olds I serve breakfast and lunch too. I also help women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. I enjoy helping them through it all. I enjoy being a support and encouragement to them.

Life is good....God is good and I am a survivor in every sense of the word.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED