View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
mamacze

Re: Sisters with Mets...should I stop Herceptin?

Bill, thank you for the gentle reminder to get quiet and listen to the still small voice. I will do that.
And Barbara; I do remember you! I am tempted to make a run up to Dana Farber for a second opinion; however I already have an appointment at Sloan and am waiting for feedback from Dr. Disis (Tumor Vaccine Group). Depending on what they say, I may or may not seek a third opinion.
JB, you gave me the nugget of information that I was really wondering about; what would Dr. Slamon do. Seven years is the magic number. That is huge. I will let you know what the other docs say.
Dear sisters; thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and caring hearts. I will post again in a couple of weeks and let you know the outcome. God willing; you will all be facing a similar dilemma.
Love Kim from CT

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote