View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
Mary L

Red face Re: 12 years and still counting

Greetings from freezing PA. Today was my onc appointment and my bloodwork was perfect and the node under my chin was just a node under my chin..... and that is not where you usually find recurrence. It is hard to find it now as it has gone down. He feels it was my body fighting against the bronchitis my husband had. I do not need my ct scans done untill spring He said, you do not have cancer so stop worrying! The place where my cancer has recurred has always been skin mets on my mastectomy site and my Dr. says if it should return that is where it most likely would be. I feel so much better. I had myself really stressed out over this. Thank you for sending me prayers & good wishes. Mary L
Mary L from PA Diag: Oct 2003 w/6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, IBC stage IIIB. tx A/C followed by Taxotere(only able to have 2 tx, allergic), mastectomy, 3 0ut of 7 positive nodes. 35 rads. Recurrence 9 months later, skin mets to mastectomy site. Tx Carboplatin/Herceptin. Stayed on Herceptin almost 5 years, had 3 more recurrences when I had to stop Herceptin due to my ejection fraction getting too low. Herceptin stopped and ned 3 years in Oct. 2010.
Mary L is offline   Reply With Quote