View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
jessica

My Story-Jessica

Never thought this would be a story I would tell certainly not at the age of 33...

Dx-May 17 2003 at age 33 years single
Lumpectomy clean margins " saved my breast-thanks to my brilliant surgeon!(""Oh" " nice surgical outcome!"" is what my onc said when she saw me for my first visit.)
12/12 positive nodes" Grade 3 S-phase 23%
ER-/PR- Her2+++
Stage IV-CT scan showed single lesion in liver
8/02-Navelbine + Herceptin x 8weeks;no response disease progression multiple spots on liver.
Off treatment for 4 weeks to prepare for clinical trial.More disease progression more spots on liver largest 4x2cms.
10/29/02 Taxol weekly + ISIS 2503 clinical trial-a continuous IV & portable pump via port x14 days
on 7 days off.No Herceptin allowed on trial.
Scans every 6 weeks show good response " continued on clinical trial until ""stable"" after 24 weeks of treatment.
May 15" 2003 almost 1 year to the day of my diagnosis & 27 weeks " we discontinued taxol & unhooked ""IVY"" and hoped to stay stable.
Only 3 weeks off treatment" scans showed 3 new spots in liver one in R lung nodes under sternum looking funny...back on chemo...
6/12/03-Weekly Taxol + Herceptin.
4 weeks later CA27.29 is down to 35.5
6 weeks on treatment scans show lung nodule resolved nodes under sternum back to normal 1 of 3 new liver spots gone other 2 shrunk down to tiny.Everything else tiny and stable!
8 weeks of Taxol+Herceptin CA27.29 is down to 7 !!
Too stunned and flabbergasted and a little too nervous to celebrate but very very grateful!
Thank God for Herceptin!
Physically I'm very strong-continue to teach Pilates (I taught a class 5 days after my lumpectomy)and keep my spirit faith and hope sustained with prayer wonderful friends and family and all of you amazing women whom I turn to daily for inspiration & strength.
Successful treatment for any one of us is a victory for all of us!
Prayers Faith & Courage!
Jessica