View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #33
freyja

Re: ~Mighty Oak Has Earned His Wings And Halo...

I'm breathing a breath of relief for Ed as his spirit soars freely today. I have to tell you, my husband, son and I did our local Soroptimist Walk for Life last weekend, and I got a pink balloon with Ed's name on it to honor his journey (I'll send a picture soon, the balloon is still on my special alter at home). My six year old son and I talked about Ed. I told him that Ed fought cancer for a long time, and now the cancer is too big and he is going to be an angel now. At first my son's response was of course, he'll be o.k. won't he? I told him, well, he's going to be an angel, soon. Then, he accepted that and said, "maybe we can ask his wife where his grave is and we can go there and wish him good luck being an angel!" Wow, my heart fluttered and I said that was a great idea, and that we could wish him luck from right here with our hearts. He held on tight to that pink balloon and guarded it loyally until it was safe at home in its special place.
My family and I are there in spirit, and wish we could be there to hug you. Thank you for staying in touch with us.
Love, Celeste

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote