View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
AlaskaAngel

Re: "Sexual Desire and Sexual Response in the Hormone Jungle and Hormone Desert Oasis

Thank you RB and Jackie, for your understanding and compassion, in providing what you can find for us.

Especially devastating to me has been the medical failure over so many, many years of treatment of breast cancer to provide any genuine informed consent in advance of treatment, or any honest acknowledgement of their responsibility as medical providers to address the results. Plainly put, it is inhumane.

About a year or so ago, I attended a session at my major cancer center in Seattle that was offered to those newly diagnosed who were in the process of making decisions about treatment, to find out whether anything had changed since my diagnosis many years prior to that time. When I raised the issue, I was told that in the nurse's professional experience, I was the "exception" in experiencing significant sexual dysfunction due to breast cancer. I was advised to "seek counseling", which I then did. I was then informed by the counseling center that "the demand for counseling services by those presently in treatment is so great that we cannot offer services to those who are more than 2 years out from treatment."

A.A.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote