View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #43
Debbie L.

Re: Honoring Our HER2 Lost

I agree that remembering and honoring listmembers who have died is right, and important. There is so much fear for anyone with a breast cancer diagnosis and I believe that in honoring both the living and the dying, we decrease that fear and increase acceptance. If we hide or make secret that which we fear, the fear doesn't go away -- it festers. In my opinion.

The way it is now, with just a list of names, and that list in an obscure place, seems odd to me. Kind of cold, and not properly honoring the lives these women and men led, and the connections they made with us.

So -- my preference would be a separate forum (on the main page, where we have all the different sub-forums) and each thread would be the name of the person who died. When they die, we could post our immediate tributes and thoughts there under their name, and over time, as they are in our thoughts -- we could add things if we wanted. No one would have to go there, or even notice the forum's existence, if it bothers them. But those of us who find comfort in the remembering would have a place to do that together, with each others' support.

Debbie Laxague

PS: Thinking about it a little more -- although each person's thread would be very personal in the remembrances and such, it might be better not to put there any medical details of their life with cancer. That would prevent newbies in morbid moods from that obsessive looking for others "just like them", to see how they fared.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote