Thread: love from kenya
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #22
Bill

Hi Christie! I'm glad that you posted again and that your other scans were clear. Thanks for sharing the great news about your children. As for the chemo., I know it can be very rough, but you can get through this. Many, many here have been through the same thing that you are going through right now. Please come her with any questions that you may have, or just to whine and complain about anything you want to, if that helps. We are all in this thing together. As for the nausea, there are many different nausea medications out there. If what you are taking is not working, try to get something else. There is Emend (I think now it is even injectable prior to chemo), compazine, Zofran (tablets and quick-dissolving tabs), phenergan, maybe someone else can name a few more. One woman in our chemo. room used to suck on ginger drops and it helped her. Also, if you are not eating or drinking very much, dehydration can make anyone feel sick to the stomach. Maybe before, during, or after chemo., you should request an extra bag of IV fluids. That will ALWAYS make you feel better. And, last but not least, everyone has a certain time of day when they feel the best. Your time of day when you feel the best is when you should try to eat and drink. You need to keep up your strength. Eat many small, light meals throughout the day. One recommendation- avoid trying to eat your favorite foods while you are feeling sick, because after you get better, you probably will not want them anymore. Experiment with different types of drinks to find one that you can drink. After time, my wife, Nicola could only drink "Tang", an orange-flavored powder that you mix with water. warm thoughts and prayers for your comfort, Bill