View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Sandra in GA

Re: ALTTO Trial - Herceptin / Tykerb

I was in the trial that preceeded the ALLTO trail. It was the phase II trial to evaluate the tolerability and cardiac safety of adjuntvant trastuzumab and lapatinib at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida under Dr. Edith Perez. She and a doctor from Denmark are the chairs for the ALLTO trial. I was the last patient to actually finish the phase II trial. I was very lucky because I would not have had a spot if there had not been women who dropped out because of the diarrhea. Rachel, I learned that a low fiber or low residue diet that avoided all dairy products was the answer for me. I have always eaten a high fiber diet, so not having my whole grains and raw veggies and fruits for a year took some getting used to. However, it was well worth the pay off. Good luck to you.

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote