View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #52
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
YOU HAVEN'T FAILED, you're just

Chrisy! You haven't failed. You, like Edison, have just found over 100 ways how not to invent the light bulb. Or in your case, defeat those dastardly tumors.

You will succeed! Absolutely. I know you'll never give up.

I am always thinking of you. Like for years and years. Like for nearly a decade!! Even when I'm not posting. Since the moment I first found you here -- you shine lady! You sparkle.

I was going to leave a message for you, cause I've heard of some alternative therapy that might help. BOWEN. I googled it and have been in contact w/a head guru out there in California. He is our kind of guy. Direct, informed, sharp, witty and has potentially healing hands.

He gave me a list of Florida practitioners for me and my cronies down here.

When he said California, I immediately thought of -- YOU! And gorgeous Flori. Two of my most favorite people on the planet!! You're pretty darn adorable yourself. Focus on sights from Yosemite, Chrisy. Dwell in Life's sweetness.

Now, coming to send you a PM, I am reading your post, and seeing allllllllllll the love and prayers and energy being sent your way. I am disappointed to say the least about your news. You're scheduled to be FINE. You're our conqueror and Super Shero! This was not supposed to happen. So I am supercharging my personal contribution to YOU, our cause, cause we love you so much. I am tossing copious amounts of love, prayers and energy directly to you, over there, as you are apparently having the docs send a message to those stubborn tumors that will obliterate them forever! AHA!

I am also sending you multiple hugs and my wishes for a speedy recovery. Maybe Bali can wait till after Bowen.
Just a thought.

I know I am here because of more than mainstream medicine. And I believe you are open to it all. (Like maybe my detoxifying liver supplements...) There's no one magic bullet. It's a recipe. Tailor-made for you, and your particular bc. It's a cocktail.

Meditation, visualization + imagery, mantras, blah, blah... It all serves to get us well and healthy and keep us there. I know you already live with -- love, compassion, kindness, caring, gratitude and humor (all necessary ingredients for success). So you have that going for you. Plus you're strong, brave and determined. In fact you're one of the strongest, bravest most determined human beings I've ever encountered. You awe me, Chrisy! Always have.

I love you ever so much. Admire you beyond words. You never fail to delight me. (Though, gotta say, this last post was most unwelcome.) However, very glad you wisely chose to share with all your Sisters. So we could boost you up, and keep you afloat.

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote