View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 03:29 PM   #13
Lien

Re: Long term survivor checking in!

Congratulations Ruth! I know the feeling. Just had my mammo and all is fine. It will be 16 years in January for me.

I've seen all my boys grow up (ages 19, 24, 28 and 32 now) and am looking forward to my new life, as I'm divorcing my husband. He's not a bad person, but he has been holding me back for over 20 years. We tried marriage counselling, but he refused to prepare for the sessions, didn't read the stuff the therapist suggested and on the whole didn't show any inclination to change anything, I called it a day.

When I turned 60, I decided that the rest of my life will be me-time. I've taken care of my family for all these years, was the main breadwinner for many of them, dealt with crisis after crisis - mostly on my own, so I think I deserve that.

I wish all of you enough me-time and lots of joy.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote