View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #47
Barbara H.

Re: update I hate to give (with a little more positive spin)

Hi Chris,
I have been checking in everyday to hear how you were doing, and like others have said so eloquently, this is also not the news that I wanted to hear. You have been such a kind and sincere caring role model in handling what life with this disease has dealt you, as well as the encouragement that you have provided others on this site. I sincerely feel for you and what you are facing, and admire your tenacity to try another difficult treatment.

I know that you have already had Tykerb, but you did not have it with Herceptin. That is the combination that worked for me after I had to go off TDM-1 due to lung inflammation. Perhaps since we both had a long run with TDM-1, our cancers may have some similarities. There may be minimal possibility that the combination would work well enough for enough weeks to allow you to allow you to apply for another trial. As you know, Tykerb also adds the additional protection to the brain.

By offering this suggestion, I am by no means negating the precarious and current situation in your life. My heart goes out to both you and to your family. I will never forget you and your wisdom and your concern for me and the others on this site.

You will continue to be in my thoughts.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote