Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 07:06 AM   #24
juanita

Question

I work in our local high school/middle school cafeteria. Mostly I run the cash register, but do whatever is needed. Then I clean the cafeteria. I took two months off when I was first diagnosed in Sept 04, but have been pushing myself to get the job done since then. Teachers have had me talk to a few girls whose moms have been diagnosed in the past year with breast cancer. That's a good feeling being able to help them.
I have been married 24 years to a wonderful man who took off from work and went to all of my first appointments and surgeries(then they got a new manager who didn't like all of his time off). I have a 23 year old daughter who just got married and is about to make me a grandma in April. I also have a 22 year old daughter who works with the handicap and is going to college for that, a 20 year old son who's majoring in college and a 16 year old son who just wants to be a farm boy and has been a tremendous help through all of this.
I want to open my own bakery someday, and was planning on doing that before bc. Maybe when I'm done with herceptin in June I'll start looking into that again.
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote