View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #11
mamacze

Re: Sisters with Mets...should I stop Herceptin?

Checking in with you all is better than putting on my favorite slippers; I truly feel like I just got a bucket full of love and advice from a room full of girlfriends.
I love Jackie's optimism ..and Chelee; I will followup on your suggestions.
Laurie, Ceesun, KDR and WhatZ; it is my fervent prayer that you all have my "dilemma".
Becky...how nice to see your face...and hear your thoughts! I had forgotten that StephN and Andi had stopped; I will PM them if they don't chime into this thread. I remember that Christine had stopped, but she is just such a miracle that it is hard to believe I could ever reach her level of recovery.
Mary L I am amazed that you have made it 3 years without recurrence! (PS Mary L, where in PA are you? Where do you get your treatments?)
Elaine, I will raise the options you mentioned with my onc. I think I will also call a doc at Sloan and Dr. Disis in Seattle where I got my Vaccine. As always you have all given me food for thought. Who says angels don't exist?!
Please keep the opinions coming, I am just so grateful for your advice.
Love Kim from CT

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote