View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Paula O

Got any questions for some cutting-edge researchers?

Hi,

I got this schedule below yesterday re: the Advanced Topics scheduled in San Antonio in December --looks great and neato that Debbie Laxague is speaking too! You GO, Girl! I'll be a friendly face listening to you in the audience

I got to chat briefly with Dr Sara Hurvitz about TDM-1 after one of her talks when I was in La Jolla for Project Lead this summer. IF IT WORKS OUT for me to direct some questions to some Drs/Scientists/researchers while I am at the San Antonio Conference: do you guys have any specific questions you'd like me to ask folks who are on the cutting edge of the research being done? List them here, and as I have opportunity, I will keep them in mind during the Q & A times or if I meet them during other times during the conference. If any questions are poised in this thread that somebody else here already knows the answer to from studying out the research, I'd appreciate it if they could please chime in with answers.

Thanks,

Paula

"We are pleased that you will be attending the 2012 Project LEAD® Advanced Topics in Breast Cancer – San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
This session will feature an overview of the latest advances in breast cancer research,and will be followed by a discussion from an experienced advocates.
Schedule 8:00am – 9:00amBreakfast & Check-in9:00am – 10:00am“Early Phase Clinical Trials: What are they for and why do they need to be better?”
Susan Hilsenbeck, PhD, Baylor College of Medicine
10:00am – 10:15amBreak
10:15am – 11:30am“Latest Trials and Evidence for T-DM1 in Metastatic Breast Cancer”
Sara Hurvitz, MD, UCLA11:30am – 12:15pm“Advocate Perspective on Trial Design and T-DM1”
Debbie Laxague, RN, NBCC Advocate12:15am – 1:15pmLunch
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote