View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
Pray

Re: Cancer Care Package...what would you put in it?

Just a couple of things I personally did not know how to appreciate. (I'm sure many hear did.)

When a saw my plastic surgeon for the first time he spent more than and hour with my husband and I and then I was given a beautiful little silver box with a lovely pink ribbon wrapped around it. I remember thinking what a nice man my ps was. When I got in my car and opened it, it was a lovely silver bracelet with what I thought were tiny pink roses. When I brought it close to me I saw it was little pink ribbons. I yelled I did not want to be in this club! and threw it on the floor a refused to pick it up.

Then I started to receive pink ribbon scarfs, books, candles, blankets, pens, pins stationary you name it I got. I thanked everyone politely and when they left I put every last bit of it in a box and hid it. It is still hidden to this day. Am I ashamed today? Of coarse I am. I'm still looking for that box! (You know how you put something away in a safe place and it is so safe you forget where it is? That's what I did. I have a great many safe places that I have know idea where they are.) Ok now I am rambling!

Any way last night I went out to eat with my family and the restaurant we were at had a bowl of pink bracelets for Oct. BC Awareness and my son bought two of them one said hope He gave that one to me to ware and said he wanted me to where it until I was NED for five years and the other said survivor which he will ware and on the 5th year he would switch with me! God is good all of the time! Needless to say I will where it everyday till then.

Gods Blessings to everyone here
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote