View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #7
agness

Re: Radiation repercussions almost 10 years later

I used different healing modalities after rads to help heal. Craniosacral, myofacial release, and lymphatic massage. Even though they don't tell you this, the first six months are critical to tissue healing -- and that isn't even counting the spillage they did on your insides.

Craniosacral massage is interesting because I've got two women who have practiced it on me. One was able to correct a vagus nerve issue in a minute where my RO was going to have me taking viscous lidocaine with pain for more than two months. I'm having craniosacral massage with my brain rads now too, it gets into your body and connects things in ways that other massage doesn't. Having someone who understands the lymphatic system helps a lot. Some don't believe in it but with cerebellar mets I don't know anyone else who can help me with my brain in this way and it doesn't feel bad. Might not be your cup of tea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosacral_therapy

A DO is a doctor of osteopathy, a medical system that is as old as the allopathic system in our country. You are more likely to encounter they outside of the States but there are still many practitioners here. They are trained in medicine but also have a deeper understanding of the systems of the body. There's someone one the boards here from Scotland who also can tell you about it.

You can learn more about osteopathy here:
http://doctorsthatdo.org/difference

There is a useful article I found about radiation fibrosis that you might like to read. Maybe the doc would talk to you about your heart issues.

Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome: What It Is and How to Treat It
http://www.cancerforward.org/survivo...ow-to-treat-it
  • 10/27/15 atypical uptake in right cerebellum - inflammation?
  • 12/1/15 Leptomeningeal dx. Starting IT Herceptin.
  • 1/16 - 16 fractions of tomotherapy to cerebellum, break of IT Herceptin during rads, resume at 100 mg weekly
  • 3/2016 - stable scan
  • 5/2016 stable scan
  • 7/2016 pseudoprogression?
  • 9/2016 more LM, start new chemo protocol and IV therapy treatment with HBOT
  • 11/2016 Cyberknife to temporal lobe, HBOT just prior
  • 12/2016 - lesions starting to show shrinkage
  • 8/2017 - Stable since Dec 2016. Temporal lobe lesion gone.
  • Using TCM, naturopathic oncology, physical therapy, chiro, massage, medical qigong, and energetic healing modalities in tandem. Stops at nothing.
  • Mother of 2 boys - ages 7 and 10 (8/2017) and a lovely partner with lots to live for.
agness is offline   Reply With Quote