View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #28
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: NEDenise Downer Alert!

Well, I loved Rhonda's post!!! LOTS of great info in there!

Adrenal Support Recommendation Sheet

I read that obviously being stressed out (which you must be physically and psychologically/emotionally) is a cause for burned out adrenals.

AND -- among other factors -- WITHDRAWAL FROM STEROIDS -- can knock out your adrenals!!!!!!!! Hmmm....

Denise, I've been scouring the Internet re adrenal support for you. There are things you can do to help the process of bucking up your adrenals, rather than just waiting for them to heal!!! EMPOWERING, RIGHT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WedMD, Dr. Oz, and more... They all seem to agree on a few supplements:

ASTRAGALUS (which I take w/Thymulus) to boost my immune system.
B COMPLEX (which I take B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B-12)
C with bioflavonoids
TYROSINE (I take every morning along w/B-12 lozenge -- or I
am a slug...)
MAGNESIUM (which I can't take due to IBS)
CHROMIUM (in my daily regimen)
CARNITINE (yup, I'm on that too, daily)

There are also supplements w/adrenyl extract, which you can read about. I don't use these.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
Eat protein, fruits, vegetables. YOU FEEL BETTER AFTER EATING! THIS IS EXCELLENT!!

Walk, even if it's in your house, as much as you possibly can, get the oxygen flowing. But hold on to walls if need be. I've been there. Do NOT fall!!!!

Laughing at Rhonda's list of symptoms. Difficulty calculating numbers -- that's a permanent condition for me!!!

Your ECHO will be fine. If not, I have stuff to help... You are fine. No progression of disease. Forget that. Peace of mind!!!!!!!!! I have you covered.

It's all about your adrenals. And you can start supplements for that NOW. I know your darling husband will be happy to go get them for you. Don't even wait to order from Vitacost.com (best quality and discount prices). Just start getting better.
Remember how loved you are, (((((((( DENISE))))))... !!!!

I absolutely echo Rhonda's words -- "I hate to see this happen to you, and I demand that you get better. I insist. It's ridiculous that your doctors aren't turning the world on its axis to find a solution, because if anyone deserves a fix, it's you."

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote