View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 12:54 AM   #26
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

I am extremely hesitant to post this and in fact, have been debating it for a week. I've been waiting for the clinical trial that I applied to, to start! It keeps being delayed waiting for IRB approval. Since three months had passed since I was mecially evaluated, I chose to get a thorough evaluation done again. My oncologist said there was "no change" which I thought was fantastic! ....until I read her report (I always read my medical file) and discovered that in fact, my cancer has shrunk. Yes, that is correct, it has shrunk in size and I haven't had any treatment yet. At first I thought that perhaps the size change was so small that she didn't see the point in commenting about it being smaller, but when I compared the measurements, I discovered that it is 30% smaller in volume. That seems very significant to me. I am disturbed that my doctor didn't see the need to tell me that my cancer has shrunk and instead told me there was "no change." I feel a little manipulated.

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out WHY she would have told me there was no change when her own dictation says there is and the radiologist report also says there is. The reports are in agreement and both clearly express that the cancer is now smaller than when first diagnosed.

I've also been trying to figure out why this cancer of mine has shrunk. Is it something I am doing? I am on a ton of supplements, all of which I have researched extensively and am wondering if by chance they might be the cause. I don't know, but I can't think of any reason why this cancer would shrink. But it most certainly has.

My variety of cancer happens to be ER-, PR-, HER2 3+, KI-67 of 30% (I think). This kind of cancer should NOT shrink. It is usually aggressive. But, here I am NINE months after diagnosis and it has regressed without formal treatment.

I am puzzled on several levels. Any thoughts?
Thanks
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote