View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
2016 UPDATED SUPPLEMENT LIST must read

Did my month's worth of pills today. Damn bother. But STAYING ALIVE is so worth it all.

Yes I do know what a total challenge and commitment this is. It is my life. It has given me life. After and with the chemo -- it has sustained me. If that isn't incentive enough, I understand your resistance. Still, I had to share because it is such an amazing gift Dr. Mitchell Gaynor gave to me and 100s, or 1,000s, of others... Feel compelled to pass it on...

BEEN TAKING THESE SUPPLEMENTS SINCE OCT '98 -- DURING CHEMOTHERAPY AND BEYOND. DESPITE MAINSTREAM VERY EXCELLENT ONCS WORRIED ABOUT INTERACTION BETWEEN SUPPS AND CHEMO -- INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGIST SAID IT IS DURING CHEMO, WHEN YOUR BODY IS UNDER ATTACK FROM CANCER AND CHEMO, THAT YOU MOST NEED THE SUPPLEMENTS.

I informed my oncs that I had chosen to do the supplements throughout chemo. I appreciate their viewpoint but feel my gut/heart/inner voice telling me to bravely move forward and go for it...

I give a list of allllll my supplements to all my docs along with my prescription meds. They don't know what most of them are and are suspicious. They say, Wow. You really take all these??!! One said, What? No eye of newt? She is an excellent endocrinologist, very adorable and very funny. And over the yrs as peri menopause struck her she did write down the Evening Primrose Oil I recommended. LOL.

Mainstream Western medicine decry supplements as not yet proven, not enough scientific studies, no proof. Well, had I waited, I swear I wouldn't still be here. There are few studies but Dr. Mitchell Gaynor is an outstanding leading expert on the subject. He has pioneered new strategies for the treatment of and prevention of cancer. The author of numerous scientific papers and books available to you, on Amazon. His work has been featured in Newsweek, USA Today, The New York Times, Healthy Living, Vegetarian Times, and many other publications and appeared on various television shows including Discovery Health, CNN.

He is assistant clinical professor of Medicine at Weill College, affiliated with Cornell University and Nerw York Hospital. associated with Cornell Weill Institute and Strang.

He has served on the Executive Review Panel at the Department of Defense – Alternative Medicine for Breast Cancer Sector and the Smithsonian Institute’s Symposium on New Frontier in Breast Cancer and the Environment. He is a frequent speaker and lecturer at hospitals, conferences, and universities throughout America and abroad.

I'VE HAVE REMAINED ON MY SUPPS DUTIFULLY (WHICH IS ADMITTEDLY A REAL PAIN IN ASS, PURCHASING, ORGANIZING -- INTO SPECIALLY PURCHASED JUMBO PILL DISPENSER FOR AM AND FOR PM FOR 1 MONTH. I REPLENISH EVERY MONTH.

I BUY ONLY CAPSULES IF POSSIBLE. VEGETARIAN IF POSSIBLE. FAR EASIER TO SWALLOW CAPSULES. BUY PILLS IF NEED BE.

I ORDER FROM VITACOST.COM -- FREE SHIPPING ON $50 WHICH IS EASY TO ACCRUE. THEY HAVE THE ABSOLUTE BEST PRICES AROUND. AND THEY RUN SPECIALS WHICH I LOOK FOR. I.E. 15% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER.

I GET TOP BRANDS. WE DESERVE TOP BRANDS WITH THE FINEST INGREDIENTS. INTEGRATIVE ONC INSISTED ON THEM.

Dr. Mitchell Gaynor recommended these for me -- 4th stage invasive lobular HER2+ carcinoma (9 cm tumor). Mastec/tram flap reconstruction July 1995. Recurred throughout my liver in Aug '98.

'95 Herceptin was still in clinical trials so they didn't even test for it then. I was ER/PR borderline. Put on Tamoxifen. In Aug of 1998 I discovered -- since my liver enzymes were ever so slightly elevated -- nothing to worry about -- 3 x (testing ev 3 mnths in those days) tI decided to request a liver ultrasound. Doc said they could substantiate that for the insur co.

Tumors throughout my liver. Biopsy showed HER2+, same invasive lobular carcinoma. I was then ER/PR negative. Told me to flush my Tamoxifen down the toilet.

Are you up for the challenge. It's a major commitment. But I am still here because of this regimen. I believe these supps are responsible for keeping me alive, against all odds.

HERE'S TO YOUR HEALTH...!!!!!!!!!

B12 (methyl cobalamine) 1 mg lozenge -- AM for energy

B5 Riboflavin 500 Pantothenic Acid AM good for neuropathy

New Chapter Lifeshield mushroom blend immune booster AM + PM

Selenium 200 AM -- anti oxidant, protects cells from damage

Alpha Lipoic Acid 300 AM/PM -- detoxifies liver, antioxidant, neutralizes free radicals, protects cells from damage, can cross the brain barrier, energy, relieves muscle and joint pain, heart healthy

Carnitine 500 AM/PM -- assists in gastro absorption, energizes, lowers triglycerides, relieves muscle and joint pain

D3 -- 10,000 AM -- assists organ function, healthy bones, blocks bc cell growth (Must ask for D and B to be checked in blood work so you know where you stand)

Co Enzyme Q10 100 (AM PM) good for gums, heart, energy, muscle and joint pain

Chromium Piccolinate 400 AM empty stomach - metabolizes fats and carbs and lowers sugar circulating in blood

C 1,000 w/bioflavinoids (AM) -- enhances immune system, reduces recurrence of cancer

Calcium 500 x 2 (AM PM) -- body can only absorb 400 mg of calcium at a time CAPSULES cause calcium pills in particular are way too big

E 400 WITH TOCOPHEROLS (I use Vital Nutrient brand) ( 1AM + 2 PM) -- helps heart and hot flashes

Lutein 20 w/1 Zeaxthin AM eye health, assists in preventing cancers

B6 -- P5P50 (bedtime) heart healthy

DIM-Plus (AM) metabolizes estrogen by Nature's Way

Echinacea w/Goldenseal AM/PM -1 wk / Astragalus 1,000 AM/PM - next wk -- constantly rotating -- boost immune system

Evening Primrose Oil 500 as needed for hot flashes, heart healthy, anti inflammatory, down regulates HER2 by binding to extra cellular HER2 receptor, down regulating internal proliferation

Exhilarin (AM / PM) helps memory, relieves hot flashes, energizes

Flaxseed Oil 1,000 heart healthy, anti-cancer, detoxifies, improves brain function

Folate w/Quatrefolic 400 (AM) red cell booster, heart healthy

Ginkgo Biloba Extract -- 60 AM / PM mental alertness

Grapeseed Extract 150 (AM) anti-oxideant, protects skin cells, can cross blood-brain barrier, protects brain and spinal nerves against free radical damage, exhances anti-tumor effect, protect liver, strengthen connection tissues including heart system, supports immune system and slow aging

NAC 600 (AM) supports healthy liver function, rids body of toxins

NADH (AM PM) on empty stomach -- anti-oxidant, relieves chronic fatitude, energizes, boosts mental acuity, supports healthy oxygen-rich blood, detoxifies kidney, lungs, bowels and blood stream toxins

zinc -- 30 AM immune booster
Resesvertrol 250 (AM PM) tumor shrinking, boosting immune system, anti-oxidant, heart healthy, HER2 blocker

Argenine 500 X 2 AM empty stomach (sustained and immediate release) helps keep EF (ejection fraction) up , HEART HEALTHY

Coleus Forskhlii 125 X 2 AM + X 2 PM heart healthy + lots more good reasons to take I USE NATURE'S WAY CAUSE IT HAS 20% FORSKOHLII WHICH IS PREFERRED (keeps my triglycerides normal for example)

Glutamine 500 AM empty stomach -- amino acid, assists in gastro absorption, energizes

PROBIOTIC Garden of Life Primal Defense for IBS (AM) and normal bowels

PROBIOTIC Digestive Advantage Bowel Support for IBS (PM) and normal bowels

Green Coffee Bean Extract (unroasted) 400 AM + PM for long life, may lower blood pressure

Lysine 500 AM empty stomach bolsters immune function

Omega 3 -- I use Vitacost brand 2,100 AM + PM -- EPA + DHA -- (our RB -- The traditional diet of Greece and cancer) has written a book on the multiple benefits of Omega 3, most especially for breast cancer patients and for far more reasons to include in your list)

Wobenzym -- Take 1-2 AM + PM -- anti inflammatory (which is the cause of all ailments and disease -- it is an immune booster and eases pain of joints, etc.

Potassium 99 AM + PM energizes, heart healthy

Magnesium 400 if you can take it (it gives me diarrhea) essential for good health, preventing heart and kidney disease and others

Biotin 5,000 healthy hair/nails

Phyto Formula 1 scoop in OJ in AM for chronic fatigue

B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 300 AM + PM the alleviation of conditions like asthma, hair loss, allergies, stress and anxiety, respiratory disorders and heart problems. It also helps to boost immunity, reduce osteoarthritis and signs of aging, increase resistance to various types of infections, stimulate physical growth, and manage diabetes and skin disorders.

HERE'S TO YOUR HEALTH...!!!!!!!!!

HELPFUL ADVICE -- Take ONLY when feeling sick:
Zinc -- 30 mg (+ when sick -- lozenges 23 mg up to 6 x a day
vITAMIN C - 1,000 X 3
Echincea with goldenseal 900
Astragalus 1,000

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 01-21-2016 at 03:22 PM..
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote