View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Chelee

Re: Anyone with mets to chest wall

Adriana, When I recurred back in Sept. 09 I was told matter of fact I recurred in rt femur, axilla and chest wall. After seeing my onc about this recurrence...I asked her how do they normally trt the chest wall...radiation? She said yes. (I can't have radiation to my chest due to lung issues.)

I was very concerned. I got a copy of my PET/CT as I always do and read it myself. Well...it mentioned chest wall but it said something that's off the midline to the right in chest wall. It turned out to be my seroma that has been there forever! I'm not sure why the rads tech wrote it up the way he did...but as they say...an x-ray, scan, etc is only as good as the guy that reads it. I've also had "suspicious" on reports and it turned out to be nothing. My liver was suspicious once on the PET portion...but CT did not collaborate this. Turn out to be nothing.

As far as doing a biopsy it mainly depends on the location in chest wall as I understand it? It could be a needle, wire or sometimes a surgical biopsy. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong? I know one women at my cancer center that was dx with mets to chest wall 4 yrs ago...they have remained stable and she is only on Herceptin/Femara. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote