Thread: love from kenya
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #39
harrie

Christie,
I did not have the AC, thats what you are on, right? I could tell you bout my experiences, but I will tell you instead of my very good friend that just had AC, 4 rounds, less then a yr ago. She is in her early 40s. Anyways, she did REALLY well, surprisingly well. She worked, still ran, still surfed throughout all her txs. The last tx was the worst and it kept her down for about a day and then she was fine. She thinks she overdid it with all her activites and that might have been partly the problem.

With me, I had 6 rounds of TCH. (taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin). It got progressively worse by round 3, 4 and by 5 and 6 it kind of plateaued. Even at its worse, it was still manageable and I still worked full time but just took it easier then I would in "normal" life.
I think it would be safe to say the everyone has different reactions. In retrospect, I could best summarize mine as side effects getting progressively more intense as txs went on, but throughout all 6, was not fun, but very manageable.
Hope this helps.
Take care Christie.
I am so glad you are here with us. It is such a pleasure to know you.
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara

Last edited by harrie; 08-04-2008 at 04:52 PM..
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote