View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Sending Hugs And Love...

I understand. It is hard not to identify. It is a tragic loss for so many.

When Dana, Christopher Reeve's suddenly died of lung cancer, I immediately called my dear friend in Chicago. She is now 4 yrs out from her initial lung dx. I told her, I know what you are thinking, but don't go there. This was an unusual and catastrophic experience. Of course she tried her best but inexplicably such shocking things can occur. To anyone, at any time.

I pray Belinda that you and those who have admired Jane so throughout the years will make peace with this sad turn of events. I send my deepest condolences. Our heroes and sheroes mean the world to us. Sending love and hugs,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 06-23-2008 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: strange symbols that don'
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote