View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #79
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: NEDenise Has Died

A truly great woman has passed from this world. I am shocked, chilled, disbelieving and profoundly saddened. I love Denise!

We've lost an outstanding lady, and we all know that. Bright, witty, Mrs. Sherlock, on the case, checking her own brain scans (and finding Mickey Mouse and some alien creature). Denise led the charge with her team of docs, directing, declining where she felt it wise and yet moving forward always with tenacity and stoicism! I just love that woman! Admire her beyond the ability to express...

Ted, you have so very graciously posted for our NEDenise -- and for an instant I did actually believe it's all been a horrid mistake. You two were so destined to be together, I can only begin to imagine your heartache. Yet with your boys and all that has been happening in your life, you have reached out to us, Denise's other family! Remarkable in and of itself.

When you have time, you could take allllll Denise's post here and gather them into the most fabulous, inspiring, real life world of a person living with cancer -- and have it published! I am totally serious. Don't forget the "Funny Cancer T-shirts" thread. Anyone who can make you laugh, when you're bald, on chemo and battling cancer without eyebrows and puffed up from steroids -- is my kind of person!!!

My oncologist does my hair. Having a No Hair Day. I have chemo brain, what's your excuse?

THIS BOOK WILL BE A BEST SELLER. GUARANTEED. And will enrich so many lives, so many struggling Souls! A beautiful tribute to Denise, Ted! In her honor.

I MADE ALL THIS OUT OF NOTHING. TRUST ME, I CAN TAKE CARE OF YOU. GOD. (That's in the beginning of one of Denise's last threads, "Auntie Em! Danger Will Robinson" thread. I totally believe she has passed on to another way of being, free of all the crap and blechiness of life in cancerland. She is at peace, though missing you and your family with all her heart.

Her story no doubt continues. The Soul survives. I have been talking to her in the Spiritual Realm since the very moment I read that Denise has died. I had so much to tell her. And, you can talk to her too. She's busy up there, w/all the Sisters from this board, and those who have passed from her life here and throughout her life. Plus, she's undoubtedly watching over you, Ted (my father's name -- Theodore -- so very dear to my heart!) and certainly your boys.

Something powerful, a complete mistake, occurred and took her way too soon. We all know this. And we'd all love to learn what it was.

She was calling for help, in her usual style of humor, but she knew she was in serious trouble. We all assumed she would once again miraculously rally. We sent our love, our cyberhugs, our fervent prayers. NONSTOP. I swear! Because she was a woman of such incredible grace and class who shared all with us but only served to lift each of us up in the process! She was a gift we already sorely miss. And I can only begin to fathom how grievous her passing is for you and your boys!

Denise couldn't help herself. Positivity dripped from her every word. And that is a part of why I think a book of her humor and posts would serve to lift so many who are struggling, fighting their battles and seeing from a first rate Shero how to do it despite it all. Never have I witnessed such courage and inner strength, such joy, even in the midst of the fight for her life!

It is difficult for you to see what a blessing she was as you can likely only focus on your terrible loss. The enormity of it! But, honestly, you and your boys were blessed to have her be such a huge part of your lives here. (This time around...)

And you will meet again, on the other side! Personally, I want to embrace her when it is my time to move on (which will take decades I feel certain). I want a long, tight hug, cradling one another, rocking from side to side giddily!

P.S. I think I hate the steroids and blame them for everything! They can be so beneficial, but there is a limit. When they can't fix it, they destroy your body.

Did Denise ever get that lumbar puncture?

We all love you Denise!!!! Let's have a {{{{group hug}}}}}} please. I really need it right now.

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 11-23-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote