View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
Lucy

Re: When to test for tumor markers

I would ask about the testing, worse thing he could do is say no. Maybe if you express your concerns and why you'd like the testing done, he would do it. I recently had some blood work done that showed some elevations that could be problematic. Initially I was told it was the result of a supplement I was taking (which everyone - myself included - still thinks and I hope is accurate). My PCP told me to cut back on the supplement. The doctor that ordered the tests said I should cut back on the supplement. When I told my oncologist, she said that I should follow up with whoever prescribed the supplement and/or whoever ran the test. I responded that down the line I didn't want there to be an issue because everyone thought it was a supplement issue and/or that it was someone else's problem to follow up on. I'm now scheduled for scans next week - ordered by my oncologist. Bottom line is you have to be your own best advocate in these matters. There's a lot to be said for the peace of mind of knowing. I hope he'll do the tests for you. Let us know how things go. Sending cyber hugs to you.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote