View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
tricia keegan

Re: Suggestions, anyone?

I wish I had some suggestions for you Tricia but do send my best wishes and love. x

As an afterthought, I know PDT therapy can be used in lung mets but not sure if this would be helpful to you, I'm currently having it for Bowens disease on my leg and the nurse happened to mention it's used to treat other cancers including the lung so thought it worth mentioning to you. I found this small section on treating lung mets-

Photodynamic therapy (PDT) often is used to treat inoperable lung cancer. Photodynamic therapy involves the injection of a light-activated drug (e.g., photofrin/polyhaematoporphyrin, lumin). Then, during bronchoscopy (examination of the airways using a flexible scope), the lung tumor is illuminated by a laser fiber that transmits light of a specific wavelength. At that time, the laser light is used to destroy the sensitized tumor tissue. Skin photosensitivity (light sensitivity) is a side effect of PDT.
The curative potential of PDT is the most exciting aspect of this therapy in lung cancer patients whose tumors are occult (hidden, unseen) on chest x-ray. The tissue-sparing effects of PDT may be particularly important for patients who have limited lung function.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!

Last edited by tricia keegan; 03-08-2011 at 01:10 PM..
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote