Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #191
KsGal

Re: Just for fun...

Well, my name is Jody, and I live in a small town in Kansas. I spent 15 years being a medical transcriptionist, specializing ironically in oncology and hematology. About 1-1/2 years ago I decided to take a part time job outside of the house. I had spent those 15 years working at home and raising my kids, which was such a wonderful blessing for all of us really, but felt it was time to get out and do a little now that my kids were about grown. That grew pretty quickly into me getting promoted and becoming a full time assistant manager in a restaurant/dairy store a block from my home. I love the people I work with, but the job is major stressful and pretty physical as well. I'm 43 now, and my youngest son and daughter still live at home, so I spend a lot of time with them. Right now I am in a holding pattern until I get this first set of therapies out of the way, but being diagnosed has really changed the way I feel about things. Im moving back to where I came from in a couple months, and kind of starting over the way again the way I wanted to do things in the first place. I probably wouldn't have had the motivation to do it before, but it comes easily now. Im pretty excited about what the future holds a few months down the road after the move, and spending time with family and friends that I have not been able to for years now.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote