View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
'lizbeth

Re: Herceptin results from the two key North American trials revisited--benefit holds

Nope Becky, because of folks like you, the Druthers, and many others I don't remember that.

In just 3 years standard of care advanced enough that I could receive Herceptin as Stage II in late 2007. How different my experience was. It felt as scary because the numbers for my stage were based on pre-Herceptin information. The numbers for Her2+ with Pagets were grim. Herceptin changed all that.

I disagree with your current view of Herceptin. It is still to be determined exactly who it helps and who it doesn't. Patients are forced to receive it due to standard of care, even if they don't benefit. And others were left out for over a decade when Herceptin could have been the game changer for them.

If we advance technology to determine better who and when patients benefit from each Targeted treatment, Herceptin, Perjeta, Kadcyla, Tykerb, etc the numbers will become better - and we will be living longer with a much greater quality of life.

Yes, Herceptin changed the game. But, the game needs changing even more.
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote