View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #15
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile Re: Update from Ceesun: tykerb and herceptin

I just posted this in another thread, but feel you all might be interested in an enlightenment I've acquired. And of course in giving it a quick read over, I added some thoughts that occurred. Apologies for my lack of brevity. It's just that Life is so complicated! :0) Ceese, your kind words inspired me...

From my perspective -- your Soul is never depressed. It is a piece of sacred energy from our Creator. It is divine and full of extraordinary love, wisdom and power.

It is the voice in our heads that makes us feel depressed, angry, wounded, lost and alone, and of course full of fear and doubt. That voice represents our lowest selves.

When we begin to identify ourSelves as a radiant, holy Spirit, we start to see others as kindred Spirits! We respond to others with more compassion, more caring, gentleness and forgiveness. We begin to feel full of joy and awe (finding the sublime in the ordinary). We feel more like our True Selves. We feel elevated. We become our Higher Selves. Full of love and gratitude for the simplest of gifts.

We can walk, and talk, feed and clothe ourselves. Bathe ourselves. Converse with others!!

And we can consciously choose to fill our thoughts with ideas and mantras, images and passionate desires that evoke happy, serene feelings.

I live AS IF what I want already exists (in the Spiritual Realm). I KNOW it is on its way to me, so I live smiling (most of the time) feeling joyful and with peace.

As I become One with All That Is, I align mySelf with my Soul, and see the world through its eyes. That is pretty awesome, Ladies!

I Know the voice in my head is ego speaking. A primal phase of my beingness. It whines and complains, it criticizes and reprimands, belittles and demands, judges and is pig-headed. I consciously choose to reject its whimperings and taunts. I will not allow its voice to be heard over the voice of my Spirit.

And, I've learned all this since my dx in '95. My evolution accelerated in '98 w/my recurrence. It all had to happen, to bring me to where I am today. The seeds of it were within me all along. The enlightenment I found needed some serious nurturing. And there's nothing like thinking you are very likely to die soon to cause an upheaval in your thinking and behavior. I immediately felt led (I later learned it was my Spirit talking to me).

At dx I looked at my husband's face and wondered 30 yrs I then knew him I didn't recall ever seeing that expression. What was he thinking?! I suddenly realized he was already grieving for my loss! So, out of my mouth popped (somewhat to my surprise) -- Don't call the funeral home yet. I plan on living! And I smiled broadly at him.

He calmed a bit. And the doctor nearly jumped out of his office chair, slapping his hand on his desk, YES! There's absolutely no reason to think any other way! He was beaming a big smile.

I'm just saying...

Maybe my words will help lift up some other Souls on this site. That is my prayer...

Love much,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote