View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Chelee

Cancer is back...I just knew it.

My onc just called me...I knew it wasn't good news. She wanted me to come in but I told her I wanted the NEWS NOW. I have recurrance in the right axilla area which was the breast cancer side. Recurrance in chest wall...not sure how extensive?

Also in the right femur and ilium. I've been concerned about the pain in my right hip...I even told her that leg and ankle has been swelling and causing pain. She wants me to come in today and talk about it. She said I should go to City of Hope or UCLA for a 2nd opinion. Said there are some clinical trials. I told her I would CERTAINLY be getting a 2nd opinion if not a 3rd opinion since the 1st time around with the first onc he told me I was doing TCH and I had NO say in my treatment...his exact words. She acts like its no big deal and said I'll get through this. Easy for her to say.

I can't have rads to chest because of my lung problems...so we can't zap axilla or chest wall. I am so scared right now. With my scoliosis and compromised lungs I'm not sure if I stand a chance. My husband is always home but today he made plans to help a friend move some things. He hears me talking to my onc and I tell him MY bad news & he asked if I had an appt today. I told him yes. Then he says he will leave his cell on and to call him if I need anything. (Gee thanks.) He could of stayed with me and went to my appt...but no...I can see what's more important...its obviously not me.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote