View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #39
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Re: Irene From Tampa

Barbara H and friends.........

I've been with Irene for over 20 years and have accompanied her through this entire journey. I say that not to direct attention to myself but to validate the following:

In the long course of this struggle Irene (and I) have encountered many knowledgeable, intelligent, and compassionate healthcare professionals. Irene owes her life to these persons, organizations and corporations.

She / we most certainly recognize this.

She / we have also come to recognize and know how the "system" works...or more precisely how the system can work when properly directed. When motivated not by faceless corporate profit and bureaucratic stasis but by the joined / joint effort and motvation of individuals & corporations whose compassion for the human spirit is never lost - never forfeited in the name of bureaucracy - never lost in the "fine print."

She / we certainly understand the "industry aspects" of healthcare - we understand them at their most vital and important juncture :: how they maintain life. How they
restore the human spirit...the human heart...when the stakes could never be greater.

She / we also understand the "industry aspects" of healthcare at their harshest. When they represent the very antithesis of compassion. When they no longer serve the human sprit first - when they no longer seek to restore the human heart - but hide behind bureacracy and legalese...in the name of their own self preservation and financial interest.

Irene Fernandez will be 64 years old come January 22nd. Her current circumstance - her current
jeopardy isnt the result of the collective failure of motivated healthcare professionals doing their very best - its not caused by the failure of healthcare professionals sincerely carrying out their oath: to heal
the human body and sprit.

Irene Fernandez's current circumstance results from the combined failure of healthcare professionals who's goals arent for the individual - but profit. Healthcare professionals who tailor the outline and dimension of care not for the gift of life it can offer - but profit.

Irene's current circumstance can clearly be traced to the hasher elements of the healthcare profession..working to do her in.

Irene Joyce Fernandez is the very defination of a "compassionate use" patient - the term was coined for individuals like her.

Irene Fernandez was a "star" of the TDM1 trial. The drug eradicated double digit tumors and she was classified NED.

But because of an elevated level of a thing called billirubun - she was kicked off the trial.

Because of this thing called billirubin - Irene was put at jeopardy.

Because of the combined failure of healthcare professionals - practicing at their harshest and concerning themselves not with the human spirit...not with restoration of the human heart...but with selfish, profit oriented goals...Irene is in danger.

Show her the waiver.
Present her with the release.
Craft them as dilligently as deemed necessary - BUT GIVE HER THE DRUG.

Give Irene Fernandez the drug.

Live out your creed as healthcare professionals and restore her life.

John Parachini
on behalf of Irene Fernandez
Tampa, Florida
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."

Last edited by Joe; 01-15-2010 at 04:21 AM..
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote