View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #20
chekmark

Re: Haven't been on this board for nearly 3 years

I am also very sad about this news and I remember u posting the letter she wrote when she was done with her treatment and what an aspiring young lady she is. I do have a few questions tho. What were her follow ups? Since she says she has mets in several areas, did they do any scans, tumor markers, anything and if so where they all negative and then all at once mets? This is horrible news. I am not a parent so I cannot imagine how you feel, I know u probably just want to fix it, to pick her up and dust her off and send her back outside to play. If it was just that easy. My heart goes out to you and your family, u will be in my prayers and K will get some extra special prayers. I wish I knew what to say but I am still in shock and just heartbroken.
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote