View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #51
Kkmom

Re: Fighting Breast Cancer With Healthy Lifestyle Choices

Count me in also. From the time I found out about this beast (breast cancer), I have wondered what lifestyle I have been living that cancer could have invaded. I am about 30 lbs overweight, I ate terribly - processed foods, too much sugar, way too many diary products - you name it did it. Sedentary, did not get enough sleep, never exercised - I WAS a classic host for cancer.
Since the day of my diagnosis - December 18th, 2012 - I have done a complete turnaround. I am not 100% sugar free - but I am a strong 90%, about 95% diary free and I am using a pedometer. I have lost about 10 lbs out of sheer fright from this circumstance and I plan to lose 30 more.
I think to myself - I did not get into this situation in a day, and my habits will not just change over night. They can change gradually and then they will be a part of my life, not just a tiemporary fix.
I am so glad I found this thread and count me in. I look forward to not only reading everybody's else progress, but I also look forward to posting my progress.
Kkmom is offline   Reply With Quote