View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Ruth

Re: Question/ sister now diagnosed

Thank you all for your support! The genetic counseling was interesting and I hate to admit terrifying but I'm glad that I've done it and I will hope for the best.It's been close to 10 years since my diagnosis and honestly I thought that I had my nerves and fears behind me but with my sisters diagnosis I had the intense feeling as if I was diagnosed all over again. It's very hard to explain but the pain and fear came rushing back and looking at my 10 year old daughter and it just took me to a bad place of "scared @$&$less" I already worried for years of me leaving her early and now understanding the increased percentage that she could go through all I have it (and now my sister) just wasn't good. But I feel much now. The genetic testing is so expensive- $3,750! I have a super high deductible so it was a little bit of a shock to find out how expensive it is. I also found out that even though I was ER/PR negative that if I end up being BRCA positive I should have been taking Tamoxifen. I didn't know that nor was I on it. Oh well!

I know many of you have been concerned for Chelee. I have called her home and left messages. She never wanted to post if things were not going well and I suspect that is the main reason she hasn't been on here. She is immensely private and I'm sorry that I won't give any of her personal information out. She is very dear to me and I hope that everyone that was touched by her to pray for her.

Thank you all again!
Hugs~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote